What does the long-lasting effect of a perfume depend on?
© Rodrigo Reyes Marin/AFLO/EAST NEWS © EAST NEWS
One of the things affecting the long-lasting effect of the perfume composition is the concentration of aromatic compounds. The higher it is, the richer the perfume is and the longer it will stay on your skin.
- Eau fraîche: concentration — 1%—3%, lasts for less than 2 hours
- Eau de Cologne: concentration — 2%—4%, lasts up to 2 hours
- Eau de Toilette: concentration — 5%—15%, lasts up to 4 hours
- Eau de Parfum: concentration — 15%—20%, lasts up to 5–6 hours
- Parfum: concentration — 20%—30%, lasts up to 10 hours